Media for Education and Development in Action (MEDIA One) is a non-partisan, independent NGO working to address the need for more inclusive media and more equal information access in Cambodia. Through a combination of mass media programming, training to support the development of Cambodia’s media sector, and direct community outreach—MEDIA One helps to elevate underrepresented voices and empower disadvantages communities with critically needed information and education.
MEDIA One is currently seeking a qualified and motivated short-term consultant or consultancy firm to conduct a Baseline and Endline Assessment for “We are the Same” –a two years project funded by USAID to protect and advance lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights in Cambodia. The Consultant will be responsible for developing and conducting a baseline assessment with the primary focus on understanding the knowledge, attitudes and practices of the Cambodian general public towards LGBT rights and issues.
The overall goal of this study is to establish baseline and endline levels to inform the design, plan and implementation of the project’s communications messages and strategies. The Consultant’s work will serve to help achieve the following project objective:
• Promote changes in discriminatory social norms and practices
The assessment should rely on both qualitative and quantitative methods to obtain the required information. It will be undertaken in the target provinces of Battambang, Kandal, Siem Reap, Preah Sihanouk, and Benteay Meanchey. The consultant will report to the Executive Director / Senior Management Team
Contract Duration: 2 months (February to March 2018)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Endline Assessment Consultant
Category: Consultancy, Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Assessment
Location: Phnom Penh with travel to the target provinces
Schedule: Full-time / short-term
Duties and Requirements
• Design survey methodology, develop appropriate tools for data collection and finalize work plan in consultation with project partners
• Review project logical framework, proposal, previous relevant studies and other key documents
• Conduct fieldwork and assume overall responsibility for implementing the survey including the training of enumerators and data quality assurance
• Conduct data entry and analysis
• Produce a draft report for comments and feedback
• Present key findings and recommendations to MEDIA One and project partners
• Revise and submit a final report
• Master’s degree in social sciences, statistics, or other relevant field with training in research methods
• At least five years of professional experience designing and conducting research, evaluation and baseline studies on relevant social development issues
• Previous experience in KAP surveys on this or related topics is considered an advantage
• Excellent analytical, presentation and report writing skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in written and spoken Khmer strongly preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV, cover letter indicating the position and expected salary, and two samples of previous survey reports that are relevant to this consultancy to the MEDIA One office or via email with the subject line “Endline Assessment Consultancy” using the contact information provided below. The closing date for submission is 5 Feb 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications and CVs will not be returned. MEDIA One is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
5 Feb 2018
Address: #26, Street 129, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang II, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Name: MEDIA One
Phone: 023-996-828 (Office)